Monday, March 28, 2011

Portraits | Aimee on the Beach

For those of you who are wondering, and who didn't see my Tweets or Facebook updates while I was gone, I had a positively wonderful time in Florida the other week. It was so great to spend the weekend with all of Aaron's family, and then to get 5 good days with my sister, cousin, grandparents, uncle and aunt. The sister, cousin and I had many memorable adventures (as we always do together). Lots of uncontrollable laughter, the eating of far too many calories and the getting of tans! I'd call that a downright successful vacation. (Minus the part where I was sick for 24 hours with the stomach flu or food poisoning. But even that couldn't manage to ruin an otherwise perfect vacation.)

Not surprisingly, one of my favorite parts of the week was definitely the beautiful sunset beach shoot we did. When you have a sister and cousin as gorgeous as I do and are spending the week near the OCEAN, it would be a crime not to get at least some photos. Thankfully the girls agreed with me and were more than willing to be my models. In fact, so willing that they even tried out some pretty dramatic poses, of which I think resulted in some positively stunning images. But, don't just take my word for it. You can see for yourself...

Due to the large number of images that I realllly want to show you all, I decided to break this up into a few posts. So, to kick off this mini-series I'd like to introduce my sister, Aimee, who was sporting her fabulous find from H&M that she purchased here in Richmond when she visited me in January. It was the PERFECT dramatic touch for this shoot, if I do say so, myself.

Aimee (01)

Aimee (04)

Aimee (05)

This wasn't even an actual posed moment, I think she was in between poses but I just love it. So much emotion and drama.

Aimee (08)

Aimee (11)

Aimee (12)

I love what the ocean winds will do to hair. So fun and free. And crazy. :)

Aimee (15)

Emily's necklace that made for the perrrfect accessory. Props to her for bringing nearly all the jewelry she owned on vacation. ;)

Aimee (06)

Aimee (16)

Aimee (19)

Aimee (20)

Aimee (26)

Aimee (22)

Aimee (28)

Is she just beautiful, or what?

Aimee (31)

Aimee (33)

Aimee (23)

Aimee (24)

Aimee (35)

For those of you who don't know my sister, let me tell you a not-so-secret about her: she HATES getting or being wet. So the fact that she willingly volunteered to do some shots IN the ocean was a moment in time that quite possibly will never again be repeated. But I didn't stop to ask questions, and instead chased her into the water before she could change her mind. Consequently, all of these in the water are some of my top favorites.

Aimee (38)

Aimee (39)

Aimee (41)

Look at her! She's even laughing and having fun in the water!

Aimee (47)

Aimee (44)

Aimee (48)

One of my most favorite shots from the whole thing. I just love how her posture and attitude turned out, with the beautiful water and lighting.

Aimee (49)

Aimee (52)

Aimee (55)

Aimee (56)

Allllso favorites. Especially the one on the left.

Aimee (61)

And these.

Aimee (63)

Aimee (64)

Aimee (57)

Aimee (65)

Aimee (66)

My sister is just gorgeous, and it was so fun to capture that in such an inspiring environment. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!

Stay tuned for Emily's portraits in Part 2!



9 comments:

  1. These are BEAUTIFUL!! It makes me miss the beach and want to take portraits on one :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Loved every single one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just LOVE these. and i'm very proud of aimee~* for jumping outside her comfort zone for this.

    ~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. the left shot of "what ocean wind does to hair..." is a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these... and I loved seeing Aimee do things differently than she has, capturing many different facets of who she is, as well as seeing your photography skills grow even more. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, why don't you both just start a modeling agency on the side? You know, not your "real" careers but for fun. I love all of these pictures. Amazing Aimee. Amazing Attitude. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you + aimee are so awesome i'm gonna die. these are incredible!

    ReplyDelete